Boosting Testosterone naturally

Long term survivor, undetectable, all numbers great.. Testosterone used to be high normal, is now right in the middle. Sex drive and sensation continues to go down hill..am in my mid 40's(male) but it really seems to early for that to happen. Am in very good shape, very good health, but every year it gets less and less. Doc does think adding testosterone would increase my sex drive, but says it would in anyone... But its not time for me to do that she says.. Still being relatively young, and in great health, what are other options to increase my natural testosterone? I have heard of Tribulus terrestris a supplement may help..any other ideas? I am not on any new meds or anything i that i was not on years ago so its not that...

I wish having a sex drive was as simple as increasing testosterone blood levels.

Yes, testosterone replacement increases desire for sex and thoughts of sex in men who have low testosterone. But many factor can interfere with a healthy desire for sex:

1- Stress 2- Too busy of a schedule 3- Lack of attraction to the person you usually have sex with 4- Performance anxiety 5- Medications (blood pressure and antidepressant medications and others) 6- Fatigue 7- Sleep apnea 8- Diabetes 9- Having low free testosterone even in the presence of normal total testosterone blood levels 10- Having high estradiol blood levels (testosterone can convert into estradiol, a female hormone, in men) 11- Having thyroid dysfunction 12- Loss of sense of exploration to bring new experiences into our sex lives to prevent boredom

Some people take supplements hoping that they increase testosterone and/or sex drive.

Testosterone prohormones such as androstenedione, androstenediol, and dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) have been heavily marketed as testosterone-enhancing and muscle-building nutritional supplements for the past decade. Concerns over the safety of prohormone supplement use prompted the United States Food and Drug Administration to call for a ban on androstenedione sales, and Congress passed the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004, which classifies androstenedione and 17 other steroids as controlled substances. As of January 2005, these substances cannot be sold without prescription. Contrary to marketing claims, research to date indicates that the use of prohormone nutritional supplements (DHEA, androstenedione, androstenediol, and other steroid hormone supplements) does not produce either anabolic or ergogenic effects in men.

Tribulus terrestris L. (Zygophyllaceae) have been used as an aphrodisiac both in the Indian and Chinese traditional systems of medicine. Administration of Tribulus terrestris extract (TT) increased sexual behavior and intracavernous pressure both in normal and castrated rats and these effects were probably due to the androgen increasing property of TT

In a study done in Bulgaria, twenty-one healthy young 2036 years old men were randomly separated into three groupstwo experimental (each n = 7) and a control (placebo) one (n = 7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. No changes in testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone blood levels were observed with either dose.

Nelson Vergel Author Order Testosterone: A Man's Guide

weight & muscle loss
About "Gut Feeling"