Fatigue

Hi sir! 42yo here and was diagnosed pos, July 28 this year. During my first meeting with a specialist 5 days ago, she recommended Atripla, and from then on I would always feel sooo tired and sort of running out of breath when at work (fast food). Same day she told me that my Canadian permanent residency application may be denied bec. of it. Honestly, I'm now more worried about my PR application over my being pos, since I'm sure I wont be getting the same health care if they send me back home. Is this a pill side effect or something else? Thanks sir.

Atripla has Sustiva in it. Sustiva can affect sleep patterns, specially in the first month or so. So people can feel tired while they get used to the drug.

By the way, Canada reversed its ban on HIV positive immigrants in 2011 Canada Reverses ban on entry of HIV-positive immigrants

If you cannot tolerate Atripla, you can ask your doctor for boosted Reyataz plus Truvada or Isentress plus Truvada, two other first line options that are prescribed to people who cannot tolerate or fail Atripla.

Also remember that stress can make you tired. Not only you are going through the adjustment of starting medications, but you are also terrified about being deported. As a HIV+ immigrant to the Unites States, I know exactly how you feel. But luckily, we do not have an HIV ban in the US and Canada anymore, so I am not sure why your doctor would stress you out by telling you that your HIV status can be grounds for deportation.

Hang in there. And good luck. Let me know how things go, please.

Nelson Vergel

email or netaddress
In Need of Help, Please Reply