Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Out of Meds
Aug 7, 2011

Thank you so very much for your expertise in this area of care. I have written repeatedly with no reponse. I came across you and breathed a sigh of relief. My question since you've answered the rest is, why are they coming up with more drugs for long term survivors since this disease is manageable? My partner is on his last combo, poz 25 years never sick. Myself pox 18 yrs, never sick. They scientists know, that there are millions living with this successfully and we need more medications. Why isn't more being done. It is heartbreaking to come this far, and hit a dead end road. Thank you so very much for you blog and your time, you are awesome.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I have answered this question before, I think.

I recently wrote two articles that summarize the latest advances for the management of patients with HIV that is multidrug resistant (patient in salvage therapy):

Is There a Future for HIV-Infected Patients in "Deep Salvage"?

and

How You Can Help Your Patients Who Are Running Out of HIV Treatment Options

I hope your partner gets the help he needs. If his doctor needs help to try to get him access to investigational medications, my email is in the second link. I can help.

Nelson Vergel

Previous
Milk Thistle
Next
dispute your definition of creatine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.