Out of Meds

Thank you so very much for your expertise in this area of care. I have written repeatedly with no reponse. I came across you and breathed a sigh of relief. My question since you've answered the rest is, why are they coming up with more drugs for long term survivors since this disease is manageable? My partner is on his last combo, poz 25 years never sick. Myself pox 18 yrs, never sick. They scientists know, that there are millions living with this successfully and we need more medications. Why isn't more being done. It is heartbreaking to come this far, and hit a dead end road. Thank you so very much for you blog and your time, you are awesome.

I have answered this question before, I think.

I recently wrote two articles that summarize the latest advances for the management of patients with HIV that is multidrug resistant (patient in salvage therapy):

Is There a Future for HIV-Infected Patients in "Deep Salvage"?

and

How You Can Help Your Patients Who Are Running Out of HIV Treatment Options

I hope your partner gets the help he needs. If his doctor needs help to try to get him access to investigational medications, my email is in the second link. I can help.

Nelson Vergel

Milk Thistle
dispute your definition of creatine