Milk Thistle

Hello Nelson, What's your knowledge of milk thistle (Silybum marianum) to protect the liver or enhance one's liver function? I've found conflicting information. Some reports claim that it can be very liver-helpful, that it may lower cholesterol, and may reduce insulin resistance. On the other hand, I've also read that it may significantly slow down the activity of the liver enzyme CYP3A4 resulting in higher concentrations of PIs and non-nukes and other drugs that are processed by this enzyme. Thanks for your help.

I hope these answers from the past can shed light to your questions. Response from Mr. Vergel

and CATIE's fact sheet: Supplement Sheet Milk thistle

And a study that found no benefit in reducing liver enzymes in Hep C patients:

Milt Thistle and Hep C study

Nelson Vergel

¿Estoy tomando demasiadas vitaminas?
Out of Meds