antirretrovirals and lipoatrophy

hello doctor which is the real future risk of developing lipodystrophy or lipoatrophy?, my current treatment is Epzicom and nevirapine, I have a weak lipoatrophy in the legs and ass (took 1 year of treatment). this is progressive lipoatrophy?, the longer this will be treated more lipoatrophy? I can do to stop this pathology?, if I have normal levels of testosterone is a good sign? the use of L-carntine can help? Please advise! No smoking, no alcohol, no drugs and gym 5 to 6 times a week.

You are on a low risk HIV antiretroviral combination when it comes to lipoatrophy. But some studies have shown that 10 percent of people on lipoatrophy friendly combos may have loss of more than 10 percent of their fat under the skin after a year.

One way to avoid lipoatrophy is to avoid exercising too much or losing too much weight.

There is only one supplement known to increase fat under the skin in patients with lipoatrophy, but it also increases visceral (belly fat) and triglycerides. The name of the product is Nucleomaxx. It is available in Germany. You can find out more here: Interview with DR Walker

However, I cannot find the manufacturer's web site any more, so they may be out of business.

Nelson Vergel

Fosamax and hiv
im hiv want to marry non hiv