Fosamax and hiv

i am hiv positive since 1985,i take protease inhibitors,and i have advanced osteoporosis; my doctor gave me tetosterone and there is a little improvement,know he told me about fosamax,you thing that it would help me?(i have poblems with my kidneys and i cannt take calcium supplements) thks a lot four your help..

Fosamax has been used safely in HIV for a few years, but we only have data on a small number of patients to make far reaching conclusions about its long term safety. I would take vitamin D (2000- 4000 IU per day) and use weights at the gym to further help the drug do its work. Even if you cannot take calcium supplements,you can eat foods that contain calcium : Calcium content of food

You can read more about the data on Fosamax and other interventions to increase bone density in this great summary:

Treatment of osteoporosis

Nelson Vergel

TNX-355
antirretrovirals and lipoatrophy