New Research Drugs and the Cure

Hi Nelson, Just wondering if you knew about any of the new research that is going on/if any of it looks hopeful and if there are any new drugs being developed. I do look at the research category on this site but it seems like something will pop up and get me hopeful and then it dissapears like nothing has happened again. I guess I should just resign myself that a cure is a long way off and stop the emotional roller coaster. I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I read your earlier blog. I was wondering how you have dealt with so much loss in your life. I am not doing well with that. Thanks, Stevie

Stevie:

Do you have multidrug resistance? If so, you can read my blog entry on new drugs coming up for people like you and me:

Is There a Future for HIV-Infected Patients in "Deep Salvage"?

There will be a second part to that blog entry posted soon with more details.

I really think many of us will be alive for the cure...probably 15 years from now. There is a lot of work in that area, and funding is starting to flow in for the different approaches. I video taped a great lecture by Dr Paula Cannon that you may want to watch: Lecture on the cure

To be honest with you, I do not think I have learnt to deal with my friends' deaths in the past 27 years. My friends tell me that I become very "transactional" or "all business" when people die, concentrating mostly on what needs to be done during their last days and after their deaths. In a way, I have detached myself from all the grieving since I am afraid it may destroy my immune system. I try to remember the best times that I spent with my dead friends and not concentrate on the huge loss in my life. Although I must say that my wisest friends are dead and sometimes there is a part of me that wants to pick up the phone and call them like old times. I think I cried my last tear and now I should just concentrate on living to the maximum in honor to their memory.

Please let me know if you need access to research drugs by emailing me from salvagetherapies.org or nelsonvergel.com

Hang in there. There is hope.

Nelson Vergel

macpac
Nandrolone and Acne