Back Pain

Ok, I know you deal with nutrition and exercise, but I thought you may be the best person to ask this question. You have lived with the virus for decades and know a lot about exercise and injuries, as well as details about your own health and health of friends with HIV.

I was diagnosed with HIV after getting bacterial pneumonia at the age of 32. I had plurisy in my left lung, because it hurt like hell--worst pain ever. Anyway, since then I often have pain in that part of my back--the left lung and shoulder blade area. It will start hurting really bad and that will sometimes lead to anxiety thinking back to when I was so ill.

Most have told me that it is probably just an injured muscle, disc, pinched nerve or something. Ok, that makes sense. But, it started after getting pneumonia in that lung. One doctor told me having pneumonia can cause inflammation to the muscles around the lung, but should go away after 2 years now. So, I'm just assuming it is just some muscle injury, pinched nerve, or something like that, and just a coincidence it started after the pneumonia.

What is the best course of action? Physical therapy? Have you heard of people having this issue after having pneumonia? I had a chest xray about 6 months after the pneumonia and all appeared fine. It is just really annoying and even seems to affect my breathing when it is really bad--although, that could be due to anxiety from thinking something is wrong.

Thanks!

I would go see a neurologist or a orthopedic surgeon to get and MRI and CT scan if you have insurance that can pay for it. It is the best way to find out if it is nerve, muscle, or vertebra issue.

I had 3 lower back surgeries and know what pain is. It can ruin your life and paint everything around you black.

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Nelson Vergel

letrozole question from chile
Creatine Supplements