Should I start injectable hormones?

Hi Nelson,was diagnosed being HIV+ on 4/21 (Tcell 500, VL 12,000); A1C was up to 10, chol was high too). Doing cardio, herbs, vitamins, now starting lift weights. I"m 44yrs, 140lbs, 5'6", thinking about Serostim, Egrifta, Fortamet, I want to build muscle & attack blood sugar as well. Any suggestions? Will be checking my sugar & chol first week of July. I got your 4th ed book too.

Do not start any hormones. By the way, are you taking HIV medications or not?

You should first fix your diet to correct your current metabolic imbalances. Read these two article and follow it completely. Low glycemic diet

My book Built to Survive has great chapters on diet, exercise and supplements also.

For the latest exercise recommendations, follow this article closely:

Exercise Recommendations

Using hormones while you have severe metabolic issues like the ones you have now will only make things worse. You have to take care of the two basic life style changes before you even consider other measures.

Please let me know how your path to health goes. I wish you good luck in preventing the onset of diabetes and extreme weight gain. Your body is telling you that things need to change!

Nelson

Surgery
Reply to questions you answered in March.