My Daily Supplements

Hello there from the UK. I wondered if you would spare a moment to look at my list of daily supplements and give an opinion. I was diagnosed 2005 CD4 126 12% VL>100,000, suffered KS, Multi Centric Castlemans,Nephrotic Syndrome and PEL - all thankfully in remission CD4 505 28% VL U/D <20. I take Sustiva/Kivexa,aspirin,statin and a BP pill. Im 43 years of age - gym 4 times a week and in good shape. My supplements are as follows - Multi Vit for Seniors, Zinc 15mg, Selenium 200, Vit D3 1000 I.U, CHROMIUM 200UG,Q10 150MG, EPA/DHA 1200MG, Resveratol 100mg, a combination Amino Acid/protein pill - my Consultant thinks I over do the supplements but does not think they do any harm - Id rather be safe than sorry - Whats your view and do u view my list as OK or anything u would add or change. Many Thanks x I buy them all from a reputable place - Holland and Barrett.

I actually think you have done your home work.

I would increase vitamin D3 to 2000 IU. Many of us hardly get the sun needed to have normal Vitamin D blood levels (we have low Vitamin D in HIV also).

Like I tell everyone, make sure that your liver enzymes are good and that you are taking supplements that from trusted companies. ConsumerLabs.org tests many companies' supplements to see which ones fail to have the ingredients mentioned in the label. Usually, 20% of them do not have what they promise (either low quantity or no active ingredient at all). I am not sure what the regulations are in the UK, however.

There is contradicting data on chromium and glucose tolerance. I do not take it. Zinc and EPA/DHA are not a bad idea at all. Resveratol is also popular but there is contradicting data, but it will not hurt you as an antioxidant.

I would not change anything else.

Nelson

NEW TO THIS
Re: Not on Meds -Dramatic drop in CD4 count (355 to 174) but low vl (drop of 12k to 5k)