NEW TO THIS

Hi Vergel. I am reading your information, answers and video blogs on nutrition. I have SOOO many questions and am totally freaked out. The kin and bone density supplememnts you recommended on AMAZON... they sound good but I've been told our bodies don't absorb pills like that and that it's better to eat raw food? Is that true? Also, a poster regarding a lecture you are givingin New York mentioned this: ' Testosterone Replacement - Maximizing Benefits & Minimizing Side Effects'... can you tell me why someone would want to take testosterone and what the risks are. I am a fairly slim guy to begin with, so I want to work on building up my weight and muscle ASAP. Thanks for your response!

Do not freak out. Start taking one step at the time.

I would not worry so much about bone and testosterone supplementation now. Make sure you take your HIV medications on time, eat well, exercise 3-4 times a week, have fun, surround yourself with good people, volunteer, sleep 8 hours a day, take a multivitamin plus vitamin D a day, protect your immune system from sexually transmitted diseases and street drugs, and find time to relax every day.

If you do this for a few months, this will probably be all your need. But if you find yourself fatigued, depressed, non sexual, then talk to your doctor about getting your blood levels of thyroid and testosterone checked.

Bone loss occurs very slowly in most HIV+ people and in many cases it tends to stabilize with time. Working out with weights, having a good intake of calcium (yogurt, low fat milk, cheese, spinach,etc) and vitamin D (2000 IU a day) can do wonders in preventing bone loss.

Let me know how things go for you. Do not "freak out". You are not alone and we are here to answer any questions for you.

Now, get out and enjoy life!

Nelson

Atripla interaction with herbal tea mixture
My Daily Supplements