COLOSTRUM and HIV?

Nelson,

Thank you for your knowledgable insight into HIV treatment issues. I have read alleged scientific studies that indicate that Colostrum has been effective in helping with HIV symptoms and improving the immune system function. Can you tell me if you know anything about Colostrum being used for helping HIVers? Thank you.

Colostrum was studied in the 1990's to treat HIV related diarrhea with some success but it has not been studied much since then for other immune related issues.

From wikipedia:

"Colostrum is a form of milk produced by the mammary glands of mammals in late pregnancy. Most species will generate colostrum just prior to giving birth. Colostrum is known to contain antibodies called immunoglobulins such as IgA, IgG, and IgM in mammals. IgA is absorbed through the intestines. Colostrum is crucial for newborn farm animals. They receive no passive transfer of immunity via the placenta before birth, so any antibodies that they need have to be ingested. This oral transfer of immunity can occur because the newborn's stomach is porous."

You may want to read some of the answers in the past about colostrum at thebody Colostrum

You may also want to read this report that shows that there may be some utility of colostrum in improving the health of gut associated lymphatic tissue (GALT) in which many of the CD4 cells are. We are yet to see a study that uses this approach to decrease GALT related immune dysfunction and inflammation, however.

Gut Mucosa in HIV Infection: "Immune Milk" Solution

Let me know if you try it and what your results are when it comes to CD4 cells and gut related symptoms.

Nelson

want to gain weight
Untreated HIV and testosterone levels in woman