HIV organ damage

I have been HIV positive 13 years and current cd4 439, vl=6536. I am still not on meds,What type organ damage can occur with my delay?

No organ damage per se. You still have a relatively high CD4 cell count.

Some studies show that those who had low CD4 cell count at start of therapy may eventually have more cognitive dysfunction and possibly more bone loss, but these facts cannot be generalized. Starting therapy earlier may preserve some parts of the immune system that tend to disappear when people let their CD4 cells drop below 100-200 CD4 cells/ml.

Talk to your doctor about treatment since you have less than 500 CD4 cells and the latest guidelines recommend treatment for people like you. It is a personal decision and one that you have to make keeping in mind that you have to commit to taking one pill a day without stopping.

Nelson

frequent sore throats thwart attempt to stay in shape
Not on Meds -Dramatic drop in CD4 count (355 to 174) but low vl (drop of 12k to 5k)