Difference between Creatine and Creatinine

This is a follow up question to the Creatine Monohydrate question you were asked recently.

What is the difference between Creatine Monohydrate and Creatinine? My Creatinine is a little high and before I was diagnosed I did take Creatine Monohydrate on a regular basis. Could that be the reason for my elevated levels of Creatinine?

Thanks!

Creatinine is a break-down product of creatine phosphate in muscle, and is usually produced at a fairly constant rate by the body (depending on muscle mass). Creatinine and its clearance are the main measures of kidney function.

Creatine is the supplement people take to get strength and body cell mass. You can read more about it in this great article: Creatine

You have to be careful not to overload your kidneys with high creatine consumption. 5 grams per day may be OK. Just make sure that you have your doctor check your creatinine a month after you start.

Nelson

VIRAL LOAD NOT DETECTED
Joint problems