Nandrolone Prices, Motivation to Exercise

Nelson--Again, I need your expert advice! #1: My doctor recent prescribed nandrolone for me and since Medi/Medi insurance won't touch it, I'm scrimping and scraping to come up with $150/month which the compounding pharmacy in this area charges for the apparently usual dose of 200mg/wk. I've been on SSDI for over 25 years, completely run through any financial cushion I may have once enjoyed, and so this amount is considerable for my budget. Then, I just read in your reply to another regarding the same ℞, that $40 is the customary charge for the substance. Am I getting soaked?

Also, my doctor has indicated that muscular exertion, resistance training of some kind will be necessary to prevent pain in my extremities as well as other possible side-effects while taking this steroid. It may be difficult for others, and particularly a gym aficionado such as yourself, to fathom, particularly when one's life is at stake, but I'm having extreme difficulty finding motivation to drag myself to a gym. As background: I have not been able to afford to maintain a vehicle in this city (fuel, maintenance, insurance, etc.) for over 10 years and fight constantly the inclination toward depression that comes from the reality of isolation and confinement due to lack of transportation. In addition, I do not live in a "Gay" part of town. I have extremely few friends, either Gay or straight, and tend to keep in touch with old friends and acquaintances, the ones who yet survive, through e-mail and texting. To put this in perspective, I don't have anyone to act as a gym buddy who might coax me to pull on some (fashionable) sweats and hit the machines together. In addition, I have an extremely severe case of Lipoatrophy which makes even the 25-30 minute bus ride necessary to access the closest gym a painful, discouraging experience. Can you suggest what I might do or to whom I might reach out for help with motivating myself to make use of the anabolics coursing through my veins? And what about the price I'm paying for the deca? Does that seem out of line to you? Deep thanks for your caring and advice!

Thanks for your honest email. It sounds to me that financial and location limitations are getting in the way of your physical and mental health. Don't feel alone in what you are going through since I have heard from people in similar situations that are struggling as they survive HIV and age with little or no income. In fact, I recently wrote a blog article about the desperation felt by many:

The Survivor Dilemma

I wish I knew where you live so that I can put you in contact with local agencies and resources that can help you out with transportation bouchers and other services. For instance, in Houston we have two gyms for people with HIV with free or low cost personal training and dietary counseling. But these programs are rare in most cities.

Houston Wellness Services

The compounding pharmacy in your area is ripping people off. Nandrolone can be purchased at around $10 per weekly injection of 200 mg/ml at apsmeds.com They can also sell testosterone gels at costs under 30 dollars a month (you need testosterone to be used with nandrolone). You will need to call them and fax them the script, or have your doctor do so. And don't forget to ask for syringes. They deliver to your home.

I would join my online group at

Nelson's POZHEALTH group

You can ask the 3800 people there if they know resources in your area, and you may also find a work out buddy in the list!

I would also suggest that you try to apply for patient assistance to access Sculptra for your lipoatrophy. My web site facialwasting.org has a table in the products page that summarizes the programs and links to the forms that the doctors need to fill out to get your free product. For the buttock and sitting comfort, I would look at products sold by this company operated by poz people: Padded underwear

I am not sure if you have asked your doctor to get referred to a counselor since I have a feeling that you may need to talk about how you feel and the barriers getting in the way of you health. Also, I have used antidepressants during rough times to help me deal. The key is not to have shame to reach out and to not give up if the first antidepressant does not work. The average American switches, adjusts, or combines antidepressant medications 6 times before they find something that works. And when depression lifts, our decision making abilities and motivation to change our situation get better. We have more focus and little seems terminal and hopeless, even in difficult circumstances.

No, back to nandrolone. Assuming that your testosterone blood levels are low, the use of testosterone and nandrolone will make you feel better and enable you to deal with challenges that are present in your current situation. But, as you well know, you need to eat well and exercise not to waste your time starting a program of this nature. If you do not feel up to it yet, wait until you do. There is nothing wrong with getting all your bases covered before you start. In fact, I would suggest that you take one step at a time by improving your diet during the first two weeks, finding a gym close by that you can get to and that is not expensive, networking online to find buddies and people who can support you, and other important things that can need to be addressed before your mind starts playing games with you and keep you from moving forward.

I usually do not do what I am about to do, but I figure is a good chance I take. I wake up once in awhile questioning all in my life and with low energy. And what helps me is to sit outside in the sun with a book like "A New Earth" by Eckhary Tolle

A New Earth

The voice in our heads that stresses what we do not have and what makes us "less than perfect" is usually a lot louder than the one that treats us with compassion. Aging poor with HIV and feeling unattractive and alone give that negative voice a lot of material to haunt us. The key is to be aware of that voice and know how to ignore it as we reinforce all the good in us. That book taught me how to do so.

I am sorry for the long reply, but I sense urgency in your email. Please don't forget to read the articles about nutrition and exercise in this site to complement your use of nandrolone. And let us know what else we can do in your search for financial and physical health.

I hope that you can join my pozhealth group. We exchange around 10 emails a day (so chose the one email a day summary digest format) and you will find kindred spirits there that can also make your path a lot easier.

In health,

Nelson Nelson's Bio

relocation
Any Hope?