scared stiff

Hi, I have never wrote on here before. I suffer with ocd and i am so parranoid about HIV. At this moment in time i am so angry with myself as i have exposed myself to the virus and it upsets me that i may have put myself and my family at risk.

In january i had sex with a friend that i had knew from many years ago like over 10 years. We did use a condom but the reason i am so parraonid is because i feel over and ended up splitting at the side of my vagina in the crease between the lip and thigh, i didnt realise how bad it was till i got home the next day. When i saw it i freaked out and have not thought of anything else since as i remember he gave me oral so i he must of got saliver in it. I have drove myself insance since this exposer and have made myself ill with it being all i can think about. I have ended up having to go on ani deppressiant tablets citrapram which have made me feel much better. It has also caused me to start smoking again which i am very dissappointed with myself as i have been given up for 3yrs.

Anyway about a week to two weeks after i slept with this guy i had some sort of fungal infection the doctor said it was not a yeast infection and told me it did not look like ought to worry about. Then i started to feel tired, then i lost alot of weight which i think i am putting back on now, i have had a sore throat, tingling tongue, dark red/ purple spot on the inside of my mouth on my cheek which lasted 2 days, softer stools, i had sweaty palms which has gone since started my citrapram tablets, i was also burning up from my neck upwards but when i took my temputure that said it was fine and that went also when i started to take the tablets. i also itch alot. and i find myself keepin coming out in spots not a rash just like spots on my face. I also had a spot under my arm i dont no if it was like one of them lympth nodes or a ingrown hair.

I do no that thinking about the fact that i had contracted hiv has made me think about it non stop, constantly and it has gave me really bad anxiety which has caused me to start smoking and take citrapram tablets from the doctors.

I am to freaked out to even take a test, as i have had them before and have not been freaked out but this time am so scared i just darnt find out the results and i no i really need to as i no its the only thing that will put my mind at ease. I have searched and looked up loads of information on hiv and i am trying to come to terms with it incase i have it before i bring myself to go and get the test.

Kind Regards anonymous sender xx

Hello Anonymous Sender,

Thanks for all the information. Now do you have a question?

I absolutely agree the only way to know if you've contracted HIV is to get an HIV test. Knowing is always better than not knowing!

Saliva (or "saliver," as you call it) that does not contain visible blood is not considered a risk for HIV transmission.

I strongly encourage you to quit smoking immediately. It's a bigger risk to your health than HIV.

Vitamin interactions with Atripla?
Topical vs. injected Testosterone