Weight Gain

I've been on Truvada, Norvir & Reyatez for 2 years, I've put on 25lbs. I can't seem to take the weight off. I excercise, eat healty, meats, fruits, vegetables, about 1,000 calories a day & I'm still gaining. I've had alot of gas lately and I was told that maybe I was eating too many carbohydrates, so I've cut the carbs drastically. This is really frustrating I've always been around 120 lbs so to be 150 lbs is depressing.

I assume that you are eating as much as you used to two years ago. And I will also assume that your level of activity has not changed.

Have your doctor check your thyroid, testosterone, estrogen (I assume you are female) to rule out any hormonal issue.

15% weight gain on Norvir boosted protease inhibitors is not uncommon. It seems that your weight gain is above that.

I would also try to not only cut all sugars and processed starches out but to exercise 3-4 times a week.

Let me know what the hormones show.

Nelson

excessive itchin
D3 supplemets and Tenofovir-containing ART