Comment on the question 3-8-11 on starting treatment late

I just wanted to chime in to offer your reader some hope. I am a 50 year old gay male and I was first diagnosed (late)and hospitalized in March 2008 with PCP Pnuemonia, Histoplasmosis (Disseminated) and Mycobacterium Avium Complex. I spent a month in the hospital and almost kicked the bucket. I too had to be given blood and platelets. My nadir CD4 was zero and my VRL was 650,241. Today my VRL is undetectable and my CD4 on my last test was 222 (CD4% 11) courtesy of Atripla, a great ID clinic and staff, and the wonderful Doctors and information found here. (I am also still on Dapsone, Itraconazole and Gabapentin.) For the most part I am able to do everything I did from before I was hospitalized. I do get tired from time to time but am working a full schedule and remain very active!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you get healthier and healthier

Nelson

Compounded Testosterone
On Testopel - Frustrated