Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CREATINE MONOHYDRATE
Mar 29, 2011

Hi Nelson!

Recently did serum creatine test done result is 0.99mg/dl seems to be normal range, hence decided to start creatine monohydrate on maintenance program 10gm per day. My question is, i am avoiding loading phase for side effects so am i right & is it safe? Will avoiding loading phase will benefit to lean mass and strength. Should i go for pre workout 5gm and post workout 5gm or 10gm on pre workout? Also tell if i give a gap of 30 days after 30 days cycle of creatine loaded is fine or need to increase cycle period. Please prescribe me the details as per question. Your reply will be appreciated.

Fay

Response from Mr. Vergel

Fay

If you are going to use creatine monohydrate to increase muscle size, follow these suggestions:

1- Do not take more than 5 grams per day. Higher doses are counterproductive and may load up your kidneys.

2- Take it on an empty stomach half and hour to an hour before working out. I like blends like Jarrow's Creatine Surge

3- The body adjusts eventually to creatine, so it is being debated if it should be cycled. You can take one to two weeks off and then start the cycle over. Many athletes attest to receiving a better results this way. However, several athletes will never come off of it.

Nelson

Previous
Improve body and energy
Next
very emotional

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.