Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Improve body and energy
Mar 29, 2011

Hi, I'm a 61 year old female, diagnosed in 1998. My body shape is pretty horrible and, to my mind, tells everybody about my problem. Scrawney arms and legs, big belly, no hump though, no hips either. I'm particularly concerned about the arms and legs, there is simply no coverage, kneeling down is impossible. No libido either, maybe because of zero engergy. I take a multivit, plus vit C 1000 and same for B plus Omegas for sagging brain! All I want is to feel alive again and look better. I'm also bipolar and take Lithium and citalapram, have reduced the doses of those as well, likewise the BP meds because i don't believe I really need them. A big mess up with my GP. Anyway, I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am concerned about your email.

It is very difficult for me to help you without knowing a lot more.

Here are a few questions:

1- Do you consider your meds for your bipolar disorder working well? 2- Do you wake up a lot at night or is it hard for you to go to sleep? How many hours are you sleeping? Do you snore, that you know of? 3- What HIV medications are taking? 4- How is your diet? 5- Has anyone checked your hormone levels including testosterone and DHEA? 6- What's your blood pressure without BP meds? 7- Are you working or staying at home a lot? 8- How is your LDL, HDL, triglycerides, and glucose?

I could ask a lot more...but these are some basic ones that can be a start. It is hard to give specifics when someone has multiple symptoms and comorbidities.

Nelson

P.S.: For those of you reading this answer, please keep this in mind if you want to ask questions to me or any other expert. The more quality information you give us (without making it a long story), the better.

Previous
Llega o no llega el TARGA a los reservorios virales ?
Next
CREATINE MONOHYDRATE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.