Testosterone's Normal. No Sex Drive. Where To Turn Next?

I'm so bummed.

My sex drive is low, low, low. I've usually had a pretty decent drive -- but now I just don't get the urge much. I'm 38 and I seroconverted 10 years ago.....

I have a pal who recommended testosterone therapy -- and even wants to hook me up. But -- being the careful guy I am -- I ran it by my doc, who suggested we test my levels first.

I was hoping I'd be low -- so it would be justification to supplement. I lift weights, too -- a lot -- so I envisioned some new growth in that area, too. But, I primarily just want to give my sex drive a kick in the a$$.......

So -- my results came in this week. And I'm within the high range for my testosterone levels.

In the past, I've done talk therapy as well as urology appointments (I have also have intermittent erectile dysfunction). Nothing out of the ordinary or "wrong" has been unearthed.

Where do I turn next? I just want to have a normal sex drive. That is, I want to get the urge every now and then!

Please help.

First of all, you did not supply your actual total and free testosterone blood levels. The normal range for men is anywhere from 250-1100 ng/dl for total. Many men with "so-called normal levels" at 250-500 nanograms/dl still experience sexual dysfunction. So, is your level under or over 500 nanograms?

If it is under, you may want to consider testosterone replacement to improve your sex drive. If it is over, there must be another reason why your sex drive is low.

Sex drive is ruled by many hormonal and non hormonal factors. Fatigue, depression, lack of quality sleep, alcohol consumption, lack of sexual interest for your partner, low self image, history of sexual abuse, nutritional deficiencies, high estradiol levels, low thyroid function, , getting too busy to allow sexual thoughts to enter our minds, and many others. So it goes beyond hormones!

I list a few of the options in this chapter of my book "Testosterone: A Man's Guide" (www.testosteronewisdom.com):

Erectile Function and Fatigue- What Happens When Testosterone Replacement Fails to Improve Them? Read more from this MESO-Rx article at: http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/erectile-dysfunction-and-testosterone-replacement-therapy/2695/#ixzz1GJxBUczm

I hope this helps. Please try to get your latest testosterone blood test results and repost a question.

Nelson

carga viral indetectable, pero CD que no suben
Compounded testosterone vs Androgel