Mar 8, 2011
What is the best way to increase HDL. My Doctors say it's difficult in patients with HIV/AIDS to increase and seen in almost all patients with long term HIV 20 plus years.
| Response from Mr. Vergel
Losing weight, exercising, HIV medications (yes, they increase HDL but sometimes not enough), increasing fiber, decreasing animal fats, Niacin (Niaspan is the prescription grade), and even statins like Lipitor can increase HDL.
You may want to read this answer I have a few months ago on the subject:
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Picking Your Nose Risk Of Getting HIV
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fever After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.