Is it safe to take Whey Protein after exercise..

Hi, iam female aged 38 and workout 3 times a week. I would like to gain some muscle and my trainer advised me to take Whey Protein after exercising. Iam currently on truvada. Can i take the Whey Protein? is it safe to take while on meds? and will it help build some muscle especially in the lower body/butt area? please advise. thanks, charmu.

Yes, it is safe assuming you are not lactose or milk protein intolerant. If you are having lots of bloating, gas or diarrhea, you know you are.

Do not exceed more than 40 grams of protein per serving since I have seen data that anything above this level just taxes the GI and does not provide any additional benefits. Also, watch the sugar intake in those shakes!

I hope you are not only on Truvada. You need at least one more drug with it to control HIV.

Nelson

long-term studies of those starting treatment "late"
Increasing HDL