Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Im sure this is hiv
Feb 6, 2011

3 months ago i had unprotected vaginal and anal sex with a female, and about a month ago I noticed a dark colored circle where my right side groin lymph node is with a small rash next to about the size of a pencil earaser, also a little rash on my arm and the side of my leg, then i devloped a dry cough and nausea for about three days, about two weeks later there was a dark red lesion in my mouth on the inside of my cheek with small white spots next to it, the white spots are still there now and i think its thrush, this past week ive lost weight and my leg muscles are very week and i feel tired all the time, also this past week ive had abdominal pain with some headache and little spots of rash and red pin spots inmy mouth still show up, This is hiv right? If It was contracted 3 months ago can it be aids already?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

1. "This is HIV right?" Wrong! I very strongly doubt your symptoms are HIV related. It is true that unprotected vaginal and anal sex put you at some degree of risk for STDs, including HIV. Consequently testing, now that the three-month window period is up, is warranted. The statistical odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this lapse in judgment.

2. "If this was contracted 3 months ago can it be AIDS already?" Nope!

Write back with your test results and I'll post them for our forum readers. And I certainly hope this anxiety-provoking incident has made you realize that unprotected sex is not worth the potential catastrophic consequence.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Drop in tcells
Next
Fat Burning Supplements and Creatine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.