thymus

Hi

I turned hiv+ last jan. and it made me very sick for a full month. my count is now 590 and it does not seem urgent to start treatment for now.

Nevertheless i red CD4 are produced in thymus (brain) and that the thymus gets tired and works less well little by little.

What would be the downside of starting treatment now? Genotype shows no resistance of my current virus.

Doc seems to somehow share my view and would prescribe if i want; I would appreciate a lot your opinion.

Thanks

There is no downside to start HIV medications now if you have access and if you are able to tolerate any of the most recommended first line regimens:

1- Atripla (Efavirenz plus tenofovir + emtriva): bad dreams for a few days. Most people get over the dreams in one to two weeks. Some don't. It is the only one pill a day available now. Within a few months, we will have two more one pill a day regimens (the QUAD pill, and TMC278+ Truvada).

2- Isentress (raltegravir) plus Truvada (tenofovir + emtriva): mostly no side effects except so far. It is a twice a day regimen.

3- Boosted Reyataz plus Truvada: lose stools due to the Norvir. Some people get yellow skin and eyes due to Reyataz's effect on bilirubin. It is a once a day regimen.

If I was to be diagnosed HIV+ today, I would start therapy knowing what I know. I don't know why anyone would want this virus to replicate in all compartments of the body when effective treatment is available (to the lucky ones in industrialized countries). Besides, HIV treatment makes us less infectious to others. But it is a personal reason and not everyone is ready for the personal commitment to take pills every day.

Nelson

On bee pollen & maca
is baariz worth trying