Androgel and exercise

Hi Mr. Vergel, I'm on Androgel for low T and want to start exercising again. I was told to apply the gel early morning and to keep it on as long as possible - that 12 hrs are better than 8 and 16 hrs are better than 12 and so on. In the past, I would work out in the early afternoon. But if I do that now, the Androgel is only on for 6 hours. What do you suggest as a routine for combining exercising and Androgel, such as when to apply it and when to exercise? How does sweat affect Androgel? And since I use machines in a coed gym, should I shower before as well as after I exercise as to not expose anyone else to the gel? Is keeping the gel on around the clock the best for treating low T? Thanks for all your help!

You should apply Androgel right after showering in the morning in areas that will be covered with clothing so that no transfer happens to other people when you come in contact with them. The testosterone in the gel absorbs in the first 6 hours of application.

I would not use it at the gym. Sweating would impair testosterone absorption. Also, any women using your exercise equipment could be potentially exposed to too much testosterone by direct exposure to your sweat (I think anyone who exercises without wiping off the equipment after use is an inconsiderate person, anyway).

Make sure that the dose of Androgel you are using (5 or 10 grams per day) is adequate for you. Total testosterone is many men does not go up above 500 nanograms per dl, the amount anecdotally seen to help reverse some of the symptoms of testosterone deficiency. For those men, injections or more concentrated compounded testosterone gels are needed. Of course, there is only one way to know if the dose or product is doing its job: having your doctor retest your testosterone after a few weeks of use.

Testosterone replacement using gels does not increase lean body mass considerably, although studies combining it with resistance exercise are lacking. However, HIV+ men who used Androgel in a study lost about 1 inch of waist circumference due to fat loss under the skin due to testosterone normalization. Those men were not exercising, however.

More information in : Testosterone Wisdom

Nelson

Nelson, what's going on with Egrifta?
Anal Cancer