How timely do HIV meds need to be taken

Hi, I'm newly diagnosed,and I've not yet started on any meds. I travel a lot with work. Often spending months at a time in different countries and time zones. Do I have to take my meds at the same time always, ie midnight in NY, but 5 am in London, 7 am in Tel Aviv? What are the ramifications of that?

Good question. If you are taking Atripla, a pill that has three medicines that have a long half life,or a boosted protease, you may have a little lead way when you travel. When I travel across oceans, I may take one dose of pills earlier than I need so that I adjust my schedule to the time of the country I am in. For instance, when flying from New York to London at 9 pm, I take my meds then and then again when I get into London (about 9 am)- which would be 3 am in NY time. Yes, that means that I am taking that dose a few hours before I am due, but that will make it easier for me to adhere to a more normal schedule where I am. So, I'd rather take my meds earlier and not later than required to adjust my medicine schedule to the time zone I am in. I think this facilitates adherence and not having to get up in the middle of the night.

Higher medication blood levels for a day or two when you are adjusting your dosing to the new time zone should not be a problem.

I hope this made sense.

Nelson

Una pregunta corta: Efectos secundarios?
Dosis de mantenimiento esteroides y clembuterol