My CD4 is dropin very fast

Hi

I was diagnosed with HIV last year in 8 June 2010, and by that time my CD4 count was 647 and I went for another blood Test on 08 December 2010, and got my result. My CD4 is droping so fast it is now 465. Is the anything or any diet you could help me with so that I improve my CD4. I have a very week immune system by birth so am scared of starting ARV's since they have their own effect.

I would do anything to keep my CD4 high, please help me.

There are no supplements or herbs proven to increase CD4 cells yet.

The new HIV treatment guidelines recommend treatment for those with CD4 cells under 500 cells/ml. Talk to your doctor about treatment options. We have one pill a day called Atripla, and soon there will be two more one pill a day regimens.

CD4 vary with time. Sometimes they go up, sometimes they go down without any reason. But if two CD4 tests show a downward trend, then there could be a risk that your immune system may be eroding.

Your CD4 cells are still high, so I would not stress too much. But do talk to your doctor. By the way, you do not mention your viral load. The higher the viral load, the higher are the chances for CD4 depletion.

Nelson

Falling apart - smells and stress
Can't deal with the anguish of HIV