Atripla and Cortisone Injection

I started Atripla 10 days ago and have three weeks before my next blood draw. Due to a long-term running injury, my orthopod has suggested getting a cortisone injection in a bursa sac located in my hip. I postponed the injection out of worries about drug interaction. My HIV doctor said that he didn't have any "serious concerns" about the injection given that it was a one-time injection and that it was localized, but made some comment that a)steroids suppress the immune system and b) that it could potentially affect my next test. At the end, he restated that he had no serious concerns, but I worry that he really didn't know the answer. Do you have any thoughts?

I have had three back surgeries and have needed corticoid steroid injections for inflammation and pain. At first, I was very concerned about my immune system and scared of them. But I have seen no reductions in Cd4 cells or increased viral load after using those injections. In fact, my numbers tended to improve some.

Cortisone decreases immune activation, but it can have really bad effects on bone health if used for longer terms or high doses. It can also make you gain fat weight ( I got really hungry on them). Some people are very sensitive to corticoid steroids and also experience hyperactivity. But the anti-inflammatory benefits sometimes outweigh the potential problems.

I do not think short term use should be something that should scare you. Those injections can do wonders!

Nelson

hola nelson, ayuda a un paisano
fast progressor? lo soy?