The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Jan 14, 2011

I read recently in a book called the 4 Hour body where you recommended Testosterone Emanthante, Is this over Deca and other androsteroids? Are there any other therapies I can use to help get body back to normal T hormone levels (age 48) without drug dependency. I have tried Androgel, Oxandrin, and now I inject myself with deca testosterone. I take ARV, and do exercise regularly but I do have some elevated cholestorol levels (medications), grade I facial wasting.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I did not write that book. Mine is called Testosterone: A Man's Guide.

There are several types of injectable testosterone esters: propionate, enanthate, cypionate, and others. The efficacy is about the same with some differences in how long they stay in your body.

Oxandrin is not a testosterone replacement option. It is an anabolic steroid that actually lowers your own testosterone, so it has to be used with testosterone gels or shots.

There is no product called deca testosterone. There is one called depo testosterone, which is testosterone cypionate (the most commonly prescribed injectable testosterone in the United States). There is also an anabolic called deca durabolin but, like Oxandrin, it is not a testosterone replacement option (it decreases your body own's testosterone levels).

Supplements that are sold over the counter in the US that claim that they increase testosterone actually do not so do. The ones that used to were banned by the FDA. So only testosterone gels, pellets and injections obtained by prescription (or in the black market) can increase testosterone.


Deca Durobolin
No-flush niacin vs. cholesterol & triglycerides

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint