Cognitive Issues for 16yr HIV survivor

I'M WORRIED THAT THE HIV HAS TAKEN CONTROL OVER SOME OF MY COGNITIVE AREAS. LAST 12 MONTHS, I HAVE EXPERIENCED SHORT TERM MEMORY LOSS...NAMES AND FACES, I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE ANY ENERGY AND SEEM TO LOOSE WORD FINDING. IS THERE ANY THING THAT I CAN DO. I'M ALSO ON DEPRESSION MEDICATIONS, WHICH I KNOW WILL MAKE ME TIRED, BUT THE OTHER COGNITIVE ISSUES ARE SCARY

In a study, about half of us long term survivors had some sort of mild to moderate cognitive loss. However, what you are describing sounds a lot more severe to me. I would do the following if I was you:

1- Have your doctor check your blood levels of testosterone and thyroid function

2- Talk to your doctor about possibly switching you to another anti-depressant

3- Find out if you are sleeping well enough. Talk to your doctor about sleep apnea.

4- Have you recently started Atripla or Sustiva (Efavirenz)?

Please let me know what you find out.

Hang in there!

Nelson

Nandrolone
test use?