active person.

hello Vergel; I first wrote to you back in 2003. That was when I found out that I was hiv pos.For the last approx 8 yrs i have been doing well. My numbers were always good my vl around 1500 and my cd4 around 600-970 pct between 32-36.Now my last three readings are as follow 6/16/10= cd4/679,vl/1200, 9/24/10= cd4/460,vl/2140 and 12/22/10=cd4/424,vl/1756.Are there any supplements that i can take to boost my immune system and elevate my cd4 counts. I have not been on any MEDS as of yet. I still do around 200 pushups daily and walk approx 4 to 6 miles daily. My doctor is considering that I should start MEDS.Is this a good time to start medication or should I wait another 3 months. this is the lowest my cd4 count has ever been. Your advise was well recieved 8 yrs ago. I thank you once again.

I am glad you emailed me with a follow up. I really encourage everyone to do so!

I answered a question similar to yours last week. Here is the answer:

Immune Boosters?

Your viral load is very good, but I am concerned that your CD4 cell count is eroding a bit. With the new meds we have in 2011, I would start meds if I was you. The new HIV treatment guidelines recommend HIV treatment for anyone with CD4 counts of 500 cells/ml or below, no matter what the viral load is.

I am glad you are exercising. But be careful not to overdo it. I also answered a question about over training here:

Overtraning

Please send me an email to let me know how things go.

Nelson

HIV risk? unprotected vaginal sex twice...
very low cd4 count and exercise