Olive Leaf Extract

What is your opinion on concurrent Olive Leaf Extract and HAART? Are there any specific natural remedies you definitely can't take with HIV meds or having HIV? We use a lot of natural remedies as well as lots of exercise and have had good results so far....

I used to take olive leaf extract back in the early 90's when we had no treatment options for HIV. To be honest, I do not remember if it did anything as monotherapy.

The raw olive leaves or the extract have been used to treat infections, inflammation, diabetes, and hypertension. A major component of olive leaf, oleuropein, has been shown to have antioxidant properties. An in vitro study showed it has anti-HIV properties, although no one has studied it in humans as a treatment of HIV.

Some researchers have looked into its effectiveness in HIV in small studies and found some promising results. In one, it was found to work synergistically with AZT and 3TC ( synergy with antiretrovirals )

I would not take it as a sole therapy for HIV and would be cautious about taking it with HAART until we get some human data.

Nelson

Newly Diagnosed
Lifting heavy weight is NOT good???