Dec 27, 2010
hey Dr. Nelson, Im 31 y.o. Native American male, in Kansas. I recently got ot of the hospital and was told that my CD4 count was 500+, (ok, cool) however when I came to see my Doctor for the first time I was told that my CD4 count was 179, an AIDS diagnosis, (we're double checking) so I drink alochol on the weekends. Should this stop until we find out what my actual CD4 count is or is it ok to drink? Should I also stop smoking (cigarettes)?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
Drinking over two drinks a day and cigarette smoking are not good for the immune system, so if I was you I would definitely change those two habits. Ask your doctor for prescription help to quit smoking if you have to.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.