The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Growing Hormone?

Dec 24, 2010

I was reading in the "ask the expert" forum about a guy from Sao Paulo who parties once in a while that he was taking what he called a "growing hormone" that managed to get rid of his belly fat. Do you know what that hormone could be? I work out on a regular basis and am pretty muscular but I have a little fat below my belly button that I want to get rid of. Thanks for your help

Response from Mr. Vergel

He meant growth hormone. In the US, Serostim is the growth hormone approved to treat wasting syndrome. A new type of hormone, called growth hormone releasing hormone, will be launched for lipodystrophy in two weeks as the brand name Egrifta. You can find out more on and in this forum


What to look forward to in 2011
Fiber and Lipodystrophy belly

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint