Desperate faiding away

My doctors have tried putting me on and of cycles of testosterone I gain a little weight while am on them but as soon as I stop taking the steroids I fade away quick. My doctor prescribed serostim as I cannot maintain lean body mass, I have terrible insomnia and overall am just weak, always exausted, my insurance refuses to cover serostim, so my doctor consider applying a time realeased implant in my buttocks that gradually releases testosterone over six month intervals but my insurance wont cover this either. Serostim cost over 6,000 dollars through most pharmacies and thats just for a single cycle I can never afford this, the testosterone implant costs a little over 2,000 dollolrs and I canot aford this either. I know of guys who get a product called G-troping and they look and feel great but it is not sold in the U.S some get it through friends others with better connections and does with money actually travel overseas and buy the stuff in bulk. But no one I know is willing to share their distributing sources and I dont have the means to take a vacation at home let alone travel over seas to purchase this my self I am so desperate I want to stay positive about my diagnosis but it gets harder every day and my apperance and physical symtoms are making it imposible to go on with the deseas. I take marinol for appetite since I dont have one without it, My employer will begin drug testing next year my doctor says I can test false posistive for Marijuana but that he can give me a letter but this would mean disclousing my status as I work in the medical field and work directly under doctors, I tried megace but it gave me a flare up of U.C I take 2 whey protein shakes a day with a caloric intake of 700 to 800 calories each depending on what I add to the mixture plus I really do eat 3 times a day with the help of marinol I have a gym membership and try to excercise and do weiths even payed a trainer at the time I enrolled but I can never do enough or lift enough to make a difference. I was a certified firefighter/emt and because I could not meet the physical demands of the field lost my state certification this was devestating to me as it was my dream career. Is there anything I havent tried? are there other ways to aquire the HGH I need to have a normal life, as it is I have completely isolated my self from just about everyone family friends if I could I wouldnt even go to work as I am always getting comments on my weight aperance lack of energy, I ve even had to come up with the lie that I am anemic just so that my co workers will leave me alone but this can only go on for so long. Please help A.S.A.P.

First of all, your doctor needs to find out why your energy is low. Is it caused by anxiety, sleep apnea, low testosterone, HIV medications, low thyroid function, depression, or combination of these factors? Why are you losing weight so fast? Is it due to the mentioned factors or other things you do not tell us in our email?.

Serostim is too expensive and only approved for those who have lost 10 percent or more of their body weight. And even with this requirement being met, many insurance companies do not pay for it.

Testosterone pellets are too expensive for those whose insurance companies do not pay for them. You can use injections or gels instead.

Oxandrolone (Oxandrin) is an oral anabolic that many insurance companies pay for. But it costs around $1200 per month for 20 mg per day dose if you have to pay out of pocket.

Nandrolone, the best and cleanest anabolic steroid studied in reversing HIV wasting, costs $9 per week by purchasing it with a prescription (200 mg per week) from compounding pharmacies like apsmeds.com, gotocompoundingshop.com, and many others.

All anabolics should be used with testosterone replacement. A compounded 1-10 % testosterone gel costs around $30 a month. The 1% pharmaceutical grade ones (Testim and Androgel) are usually paid by insurance (if not, they cost $900 a month for 10 grams a day). Or you can use injections of 100 to 200 mg per week at a cost of $5 per injection. Injections of testosterone cypionate are usually covered by insurance.

No need to despair. You are mentioning the worst case scenario and most costly options in hormone treatments in HIV. There are others as effective at a lower cost.

However, having said all of this, I am still concerned that your doctor has not been able to determine why you are losing weight that fast. I am assuming that your viral load is undectectable and that you are eating enough food, but still losing weight without a known cause. Involuntary weight loss is less and less common in patients that have controlled virus and are not experiencing comorbidities, illnesses or substance abuse problems.

I have summarized all options for the treatment of involuntary weight loss in my book Built to Survive (www.medibolics.com )

Nelson

The elephant in the room....
Insulin Lipoatrophy