The elephant in the room....

It's been talked about since the beginning of the epidemic.Protests in the late 80's demanded it. Now there is hardly any talk at all about it. A cure. I have been HIV poz for 23 years. It has not been easy. In the beginning there was not much one could do. I was lucky. I hardly thought about my status. I was always safe despite it. 1996 was a banner year. By then I needed something to bring down my viral load. Protease inhibitors arrived at the right time for me. By then most of my friends were gone. Today, i am reminded everyday despite the advances. My t-cells have always been strong +600 mostly and my viral load has never gone too wild. (Except during chemo for lymphoma)Non-Hodgkins is in my past, twelve years. I have KS despite my good blood work. I have a benign tumor in my T-8 vertebra that my doctors did not treat for eight years. I am in so much pain. It is finally being addressed. My doctor says I look good on paper. But I'm miserable. I thinks he forgets I'm HIV on occasions. What could happen, Dr Vergel if there was a cure tomorrow? Something that eradicated the virus from my body. I have hoped and even prayed that a cure would come one day. Hope runs thin today. Should I even hope for a cure any longer? I know I've run on but just for emphasis, I just wanted to keep going. I could too. But is there any reason to drive the point across? Is anyone looking for a cure? Would even benefit. My madness about the subject is everlasting and suspicious. Is there anyone motivated to find a cure. Forget all of the above and just answer the sole issue here. Will there ever be a cure to kill off HIV?

Read all the info on this group and call them...they need volunteers to push for funding for cure research.

This group has launched a letter writing campaign to get more funding to search for the cure: www.AIDSPolicyProject.org

Nelson

Can I lose weight?
Desperate faiding away