Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

The elephant in the room....
Dec 8, 2010

It's been talked about since the beginning of the epidemic.Protests in the late 80's demanded it. Now there is hardly any talk at all about it. A cure. I have been HIV poz for 23 years. It has not been easy. In the beginning there was not much one could do. I was lucky. I hardly thought about my status. I was always safe despite it. 1996 was a banner year. By then I needed something to bring down my viral load. Protease inhibitors arrived at the right time for me. By then most of my friends were gone. Today, i am reminded everyday despite the advances. My t-cells have always been strong +600 mostly and my viral load has never gone too wild. (Except during chemo for lymphoma)Non-Hodgkins is in my past, twelve years. I have KS despite my good blood work. I have a benign tumor in my T-8 vertebra that my doctors did not treat for eight years. I am in so much pain. It is finally being addressed. My doctor says I look good on paper. But I'm miserable. I thinks he forgets I'm HIV on occasions. What could happen, Dr Vergel if there was a cure tomorrow? Something that eradicated the virus from my body. I have hoped and even prayed that a cure would come one day. Hope runs thin today. Should I even hope for a cure any longer? I know I've run on but just for emphasis, I just wanted to keep going. I could too. But is there any reason to drive the point across? Is anyone looking for a cure? Would even benefit. My madness about the subject is everlasting and suspicious. Is there anyone motivated to find a cure. Forget all of the above and just answer the sole issue here. Will there ever be a cure to kill off HIV?

Response from Mr. Vergel

Read all the info on this group and call them...they need volunteers to push for funding for cure research.

This group has launched a letter writing campaign to get more funding to search for the cure: www.AIDSPolicyProject.org

Nelson

Previous
Can I lose weight?
Next
Desperate faiding away

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.