Repairing Glucose tolerence

What can I do in terms of exercise or nutrition, supplements to improve my glucose tolerance? I am just beginning to have prediabetic symptoms, insulin resistance and have experienced a 10 lb gain in belly fat. I have always had high triglycerides (even taking tricor) and a few years ago switched my meds toEpzicom and Viramune. My t cells are 750 and vl is undectable

I am glad you are reaching out for help before your insulin resistance and pre-diabetes develops into a more serious condition. I am also glad that you already know that you have insulin resistance and that you are taking Viramune plus Epzicom, a combination that is probably one of the friendliest for insulin resistance.

There are many things you can do to improve insulin sensitivity, which will lower your triglycerides, glucose and fat mass.

1- Exercise 3-4 times a week for an hour. Use a combination of resistance training (with machines and weights) and cardiovascular (elliptical trainers, brisk walk, anything that makes you sweat and have an increased heart rate for 20 minutes)

2- Avoid refined carbohydrates- white bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice, sugary drinks and fruit juices, candy, cakes, bagels, etc. Replace them with high fiber fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins.

3- Take 2000-3000 mg per day of Omega 3 oils rich in DHA. Omega 3's are great for lowering triglycerides and improving insulin sensitivity.

4- Have your hormones (testosterone, thyroid, DHEA for men plus estrogen and progesterone for women) checked to ensure they are in normal ranges, Supplement if needed with pharmaceutical products or compounded gels or creams, if possible. Low thyroid or testosterone can decrease insulin sensitivity.

5- Try 500 mg per day of alpha lipoic acid, an antioxidant that has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity in diabetes.

6- Sleep at least 6 hours a night. Lack of sleep can increase cortisol and insulin resistance.

7- Avoid alcohol. If you have to drink socially, 1-2 glasses of red wine will not hurt.

If nothing works, talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for Metformin, a diabetes drug that has been shown to improve insulin sensitivity and decrease fat mass.

Here are more articles on thebody.com that could help: Things to do to avoid Metabolic Syndrome

I hope this helps

Nelson

megace to gain weight
tadalafil