ADAP dropped my testosterone

I hope you can help me. I was getting Androgel paid by my drug assistance program but they no longer will keep doing so due to cost cuts. What I am going to do? I called a pharmacy and they want $700. I don't want to stop testosterone since I know I will feel horrible. What can I do, Nelson?

I am sorry that you lost coverage for testosterone. ADAP (AIDS Drug Assistance Programs) are cutting down formularies everywhere, so many patients are losing their help for non HIV drugs.

You have three options to get help:

You can apply for patient assistance to get help from Auxilium (makers of Testim) or Abbott (makers of Androgel) by filling out these forms and calling them: Testim PAP

androgel's PAP

You can also get a prescription from your doctor for a generic testosterone gel made by compounding pharmacies. It runs about $30 a month (no insurance). Guys in my pozhealth group and I use since they are the most economical. also has a patient assistance for generics :

PAP for generics

Let me know if this helps

Serostim- How to best use it