Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

don't know to be on or off testosterone(androgel)
Nov 8, 2010

Hy my name is Craig. I am 34, tcells are usually between 530 and 630 and have been off HIV meds for 8 years after being on them for 8 years. About 3 or 4 years ago I started having that borderline testosterone thing going on and tried a low dose of androgel but than decided to try and boost my own testosterone by excersize especially my legs and chest because of being affraid that my body would stop producing it altogether. This year in May I started androgel 5. grams again but i have been on and off it like a yoyo although my Dr. tells me I would benefit from it alot since people know alot more about it today than they did a few years ago. I always felt particular to sports and I end up considering my self a failure using androgel or a fake and a cheat in someway and affraid of my testicles waving bye for ever I suppose too. I have been trying to not use it but the lack of testosterone also has played a role in having poor mental health and confusion and the Androgel did help with that but I keep trying to go the natural way I suppose. My level of T was around the 215 mark and still trying like anything to not use it because I am still affraid I guess of growing older and still worry about my body not producing Testosterone altogether.

Help!

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am not sure what your question is. Do you want me to make you feel better about the decision of getting on and staying on testosterone?

I have summarized a few issues here: Testosterone Info

Let me know after reading this if you need any more clarification.

Nelson

Previous
tuve una pancretitis
Next
End of the line (temporarily) for Calcium supplementation?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.