71 year old father has completely lost his appetite

My father has mantle cell lymphoma and was recently diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome. He has been in and out of the hospital a lot lately. His appetite is completely gone. He wants to eat but once he takes a bite of something, his stomach turns sour. His oncologist had him on marinol but it didn't work. Now he's taking 40 mg of Prozac. It's still not working. He's recently lost over 20 pounds within a month. I need something that'll work quickly, if possible.

I am sorry that your dad is going through this difficult time.

Without knowing what type of myelodysplastic syndrome to be sure, Megace may help. I usually do not suggest this product since patients gain mostly fat, but it may be helpful in the case of your father. Also, some studies have looked at the use of nandrolone decanoate for myelodysplastuic syndromes with good results. Let me know how it goes.

Here are some studies to print for his doctor:

Successful Treatment of Refractory Anemia with a Combination Regimen Containing Recombinant Human Erythropoietin, Low- Dose Methylprednisolone and Nandrolone

A Synopsis of Cancer-related Anorexia and Weight Loss

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Nelson

I dont want to get fat
Weight Gain On Meds