OK, So What's the Best "Kind" of Vitamin D?

OK, so HIV+s are supposed to take supplements of Vitamin D if they come out, as most do, deficient or low. Now what's a good form of Vit D that has good bioavailability and absorption? Inquiring minds want to know! Thanks Nelson!! You're my nutritional hero!

Thanks for your kind words. I am just a guy trying to stay in control of his health and help his peers via his own hypochondria-induced research and reading.

Two studies, one in 1998 and the other in 2004, found out that, at very high doses (4,000 IU per day for two weeks or a single dose of 50,000 IU), the D3 form of vitamin D is more efficient than the D2 at maintaining serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D levels in the blood. However, a more recent and longer term study in 2008 using a lower dose commonly used ( 1,000 IU daily), found that the two types of Vitamin D to be equally effective at raising blood levels.

Whatever is cheaper, get it. I have read reviews of analysis on different web sites that test Vitamin D products and all of them passed the quality control on content.

Nelson

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD ALTERNATIVES TO TRUVADA ?
HEP VACINES ADVICE