|Coffee and HIV
Sep 25, 2010
I am currently living with HIV. I rarely drink alcohol but I love the smell of coffee. When I drink a cup I feel energised and start thinking positively and have more critical analysis than before. I feel I get an extra sense than before.
My question is: Does coffee have an effect on the HIV meds resulting in poor CD4 count? What effect does it have on the overall health an HIV person.
| Response from Mr. Vergel
Coffee has not been found to affect the immune system or medication absorption. I love coffee and also find that it helps me wake up in the morning and exercise at the gym. Just do not have more than two cups a day and avoid drinking it after 3-4 pm since it may affect sleep. And try not to consume the rich sweet expensive coffees from Starbucks and other fancy coffee houses since they have a lot of calories!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Licking Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.