Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

advise me
Sep 15, 2010

dear Dr. i wish to know one thing please could you explain me what is the meaning of undetectable viral load what count level is know as undetectable pvl. is pvl 103 consideres as undetectable . is pvl of 103 vevel possible 4 months after being infected. how long does a person take to reach a level of medicine with CD4 750 pvl 103 and CD 4% 28. And all necessary reports such as HCV , HBsAG, LFT all normal. Please suggest can we now live longer. I have heard that having hiv is as similar to live with diabetic is it true.

Response from Mr. Vergel

A viral load of 103 is almost undetectable and excellent in someone who has not started HIV medications yet. I have seen people like you in the past, so it is possible.

If you take care of yourself, eat well, exercise and avoid being infected with sexually transmitted diseases or other pathogens, there is no reason why you can not have CD4 cells that stay above 500 cells/ml, the cut off point nowadays in the US for starting HIV medications. Some people remain stable for years and some don't. Just make sure that you go back to your doctor every 3-4 months to get a viral load and CD4 cell count done to ensure that you are stable.

It is impossible to predict who will be a long term non progressor. They are a minority that seem to have stable immune function in the presence of HIV viral load for a long time.

People on HIV treatments can live a long and healthy life. Nelson

Previous
Taking Mushroom Supplements
Next
SWITCH IMITICITABINE TO LAMUVIDINE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.