Unprotected sex on ARV

My partner and I are positive both HIV-1 strain. However, my CD4 dropped to 258 while his is 400+. So I started ARV earlier than him. We are doing unprotected sex (not using rubber/condom when we sex), will this have an impact to my therapy? Will this be another factor for a therapy to fail?

As your situation demonstrates, HIV disease does not progress exactly the same in every person. That is one of the main reasons we continue to strongly recommend latex condoms even when both individuals are HIV positive. Dual infection (superinfection) is possible and has been documented to occur. It tends to be more likely early in the course of the illness. My advice is that you and your positively charged Mr. Right is to use latex condoms for all penetrative sexual activities. The old adage -- an ounce of prevention (latex condom) is worth a pound of cure (additional antiretrovirals) certainly applies to this situation!

Abdominal and Back pain from Atripla
HIV and Pregnancy (ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION, 2010) (PREGNANCY, POSITIVE FEMALE AND NEGATIVE MALE, 2010)