what to expect in next 5-10 years?

i nelson well i have been following your forum for quite a while, and its so depressing i am positive at this age of 26, where i had a long life to look ahead, but it doesn't seem to me any more, had okay counts so started of meds asap, and doing k, i jst wish to get some clear cut answers as in why don't we have any cure as an yet 3o yr, i mean functional cure, who cares nd who wants to eliminate hiv as long as it isnt harmful, like al other viruse that remain in latent stage in absensence of meds, y cant it. after berlin patient, y hasn't been any such experiments been made in .u.s.a, or any other parts of world, and what research is ongoing in field of cure, or atleast vaccine or functional cure, gene therapy, plz tel me what to expect in next 10 yr, except for newer meds, their are already a lot, and we get meds more quickly and treatments never...y?

Great question.

I have been an activist since 1988 and I can tell you that for the first time in a long , long time, the word CURE is showing up in most scientific meetings and research discussions. The pipeline for oral HIV antiretrovirals is drying up and instead more funding is going to functional cure and reservoir "flushing" research. I am very optimistic that we will see something that will change the paradigm in HIV in the next 5-10 years!

You may want to read this report from AMFAR:

CURE research

and this pipeline report (start at page 44):

TAG 2010 pipeline report

Don't despair. There is a lot going on right now that most patients ignore in the research world!

Nelson

hiv treatment
Respuesta a tu consulta desde PERU