Iron?

Hello and thank you for your time. I've read that HIV+ people should choose Iron free multivitamins. I can't find one where I normall shop and still have a good 200 of my other ones which contain 100% RDA. Is it dangerous for me to be taking this multi vitamin twice a day? If it's ok should I go out of my way to avoid stuff like spinach in my diet? Thanks a lot

iron can increase oxidative stress at higher doses (it is important at low dose to keep healthy red blood cells and hemoglobin) The Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN), founded in 1973 and based in Washington, D.C., is the leading trade association representing dietary supplement manufacturers and ingredient suppliers. They recommend daily doses no higher than 45 mg of iron, which are usually provided by diet (meat products, and others- see links below) Mineral Dose Limits

Iron Fact Sheet

Nelson

Re: Vitamins and Suppliments for Low Income People
Losing Belly Fat due to Meds