Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

on Arv's, what to eat increase CD4 çounts and weight.
Aug 25, 2010

I am on ArV's, what can i eat to increase my CD4 counts and to gain weight?

Response from Mr. Vergel

I wish I could tell you what you can eat that increases CD4 cells! I would be eating it all the time :)

Although no food has been studied in immune restoration studies, we can all decide to support our metabolism, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants with the consumption fish (eg,salmon and tuna), lean meats, nuts/seeds, berries, omega 3 enriched eggs, olive oil, oatmeal with fruit and no sugar, Greek style yogurt (with fruit and little sugar), broccoli, multi-grain bread and other natural whole foods. A multivitamin a day has also seem to help in studies of people on HIV medications and not. Keeping your hormones in check and exercising 3-4 times a week for an hour are other ways to support a healthy immune system.

Nelson

Previous
could this be why i am loosing weight
Next
Built To Survive and Healing HIV: How To Rebuild Your Immune System

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.