Weight training vs. HIV

For physical appearance and health purposes I have a desire to begin a weight training/bodybuilding routine. My goal is to put on a good healthy amount of lean muscle mass over the next 12 months. My question: Because I am an HIV pos male will this prevent me from being able to reach my goals? I understand that I will have to increase my claorie intake as well as other things af far as my diet goes, along with an intense workout. But will this virus prevent me from getting there in the areas of hormones and so on? I do take a testosterone booster that was suggested, as well as Atripla for the Hiv situation.

Thank you so much for your time!

Assuming that your testosterone and thyroid blood levels are OK, there should be no reason why HIV will change how you will respond to exercise. Exercise may actually help you live longer and live stronger.

You may want to read this: Exercise- The Best Therapy

Nelson

HIV medication, and progression
HOW CAN I GET PREGANT