testosterone (sustanon 250) and efavirenz

Hi Nelson, I have been told that testosterone. in this case sustanon can interact with efavirenz. I have googled and tried to find out how they interact but have drawn a blank. Do you know how they interact and is this detremental. many thanks

There have been several studies using testosterone in men with HIV that have found no change in viral load in patients using the hormone. I would suspect that some of the clearance of testosterone in the liver may be slowed down some if the person is using Norvir for boosting protease inhibitors, but we have no data on that. People with HIV have higher levels of sex hormone binding globulin that attaches to testosterone and does not allow it to do its work. Measuring free versus total testosterone blood levels may be more indicative of the active testosterone in your system.

By the way, my new book on Testosterone is available on amazon.com for instant download into your computer.

You have to download the free software to read it first: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311

and then you can get it here: http://www.amazon.com/Testosterone-A-Mans-Guide-ebook/dp/B003JBI22A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=books&qid=1281706207&sr=8-1

Let me know if you have any questions if you read it. It contains 206 pages of practical tips on how to maximize benefits and minimize and manage side effects of testosterone.

Nelson

what is multi drug resistance?
Any new studies on supplements at the Vienna International AIDS Conf?